Buy now price is for e-learning only, scroll down for full price.
Buy the e-learning now, complete the home study during lockdown PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high level of close sontact required as part of the rescue course we do not feel it is safe to run the rescue course untill case numbers are well under controll. there is no harm in learning the theory now, and completing the course later!
SDI RESCUE DIVER COURSE
The SDI Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. You will learn skills such as how to perform self rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes. After the SDI Rescue Diver Course you can enroll in the SDI Master Scuba Diver Development Program or start in the professional ranks and sign up for the SDI Divemaster Course.
Who this course is for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified advanced adventure diver or advanced diver who would like to advance in dive training
- Anyone interested in becoming a dive leader
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider certification*
- Provide proof of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives
* Note: CPR, first aid and oxygen provider courses are available at Extreme Watersport
What you can expect to learn:
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
You will cover all of the following and more!
- Prevention and causes of diving accidents
- Stress and psychological factors
- Physical conditioning
- Surface drowning syndrome
- Diving lifesaving
- Self rescue
- Diver assists
- Surface and underwater rescues
- Types of transports
- In-water artificial respiration
- Boat and shore exit techniques
- Diver first aid
- Review of oxygen administration
- Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Information collection
- Access to a hyperbaric chamber
- Accident Management
- Access to emergency transport/assistance
- Accident reporting
- Liability and related legal considerations
Some of the in-water skills include:
- On the surface, identify and assist a properly equipped skin or scuba diver simulating:
- Breathing difficulties
- Leg cramp
- Early panic symptoms
- Locate and bring to the surface a scuba diver simulating unconsciousness to the surface from approximately 6 metres/20 feet
- Upon surfacing, transport the unconscious diver 50 metres/150 feet to shore or boat, simulating in-water rescue breathing
- Upon reaching the shore or boat, with the assistance of one aide, remove the diver from the water
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to conduct rescues for divers in distress
- Become qualified to enroll in:
- The SDI Master Diver program
- The SDI Divemaster course
SDI Rescue Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive emergency planning and execution
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Rescue Diver written examination located in the SDI Rescue Manual with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
Two day course includes multiple in water training sessions. Course cost excludes equipment rental, our rental prices can be found at https://www.extremewatersport.com.au/equipment-rental
Normal full course cost is $449, however if you buy the elearning during July 2020 you save $109!
Balance to pay for inwater training is only $250*
*Balance due at time of booking date for in water training.
Best price guarantee: If we advertise the in water training at a lower rate any time prior to the end of june 2021 and prior to you completing the course, you can purchase the in water training at the lesser rate...